Governor Schwarzenegger and Democratic legislators announced agreement on a new budget last night. The Governator put a positive face on the deal, saying: “I’m a very happy governor today because we just have agreed on a budget. It’s a budget that California needs and that the people of California deserve.”
In fact, though, it appears from this report that Schwarzenegger ultimately gave in on all of the issues that remained in dispute between the parties. Assembly Speaker Fabian Nunez proclaimed his satisfaction with the deal, with, I suspect, more sincerity than the Governor: “This is a budget that leaves no Californian behind.” I’m afraid he may be right.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- Simpson Tried to Deceive Congress On the Fusion GPS/Obama DOJ Connection
- An Immigration Trifecta
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell