I think we can now definitely say that John Kerry got no sustained bounce from his party’s convention. Today’s Rasmussen tracking poll shows Kerry and Bush dead even with 46% of the vote apiece. The last time the candidates were tied was July 26, the day the Democratic convention opened. From then until today, Kerry has enjoyed a modest lead, which has now evaporated entirely. Given that Rasmussen uses a three-day rolling total, all of the surveying reflected in the current numbers was conducted after the convention was completed, and a day or two had gone by for an impression of Kerry and the convention to sink in.
Of course, I don’t expect the Republican convention to produce much of a bounce for the President, either.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Special Al Franken Edition
- On blue slips, Grassley pulls the trigger
- How Al Franken Sees Himself, and How Others See Him
- Kirsten Gillibrand's intellectual dishonesty [UPDATED]
- Gloria Allred won't allow inspection of yearbook
- It wasn't "the times" that caused feminists to give Bill Clinton a pass
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell