A reader has sent us his idea for a film:
Re: the disintegration of Kerry’s Christmas in Cambodia. It makes you wonder if his confusion is the result of brainwashing.
Which brings up the possibility of The Cambodian Candidate (with a bow to “The Manchurian Candidate”):
* Unaccounted-for time in Cambodia.
* Created as a war hero through a series of phony incidents.
* Sent out of the war zone early.
* Supported by his squad all of whom have the same message – “John Kerry is the finest, bravest, most capable man I have ever met.”
* Controlled by his shadowy wife.
* And now pursued by a comrade (almost) who can’t shake the feeling that the story doesn’t add up.