Yesterday Instapundit flagged today’s New York Times article on the Swift boat vets: “Friendly fire: The birth of an anti-Kerry ad.” Last night Patterico went to work on the case and has posted “New York Times hit piece on the Swift vets finally comes out.” And Captain Ed has posted “Gray lady hides Kerry behind her skirts.” Well done, but not pretty.
Over at the New York Post, Deborah Orin sets an example of how a real journalist might cover the story in “Kerry camp frets over Cambodia tale.” (Orin credits the role of bloggers in disassembling pieces of Kerry’s tall tales, citing Captain Ed among others.) I believe that the Times’ burial of the Kurtz chronicles in the welter of allegations of Republican skullduggery and ad hominem attacks is what the magicians call misdirection.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Special Al Franken Edition
- On blue slips, Grassley pulls the trigger
- How Al Franken Sees Himself, and How Others See Him
- Kirsten Gillibrand's intellectual dishonesty [UPDATED]
- Gloria Allred won't allow inspection of yearbook
- It wasn't "the times" that caused feminists to give Bill Clinton a pass
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell