I think it’s a good sign, from a mental health perspective, if one can say of some politicians, “I disagree with him/her most of the time, but I have great respect for him/her.” Unfortunately, there are very few politicians about whom I can presently make that statement. Maybe it’s the times; maybe it’s me. Probably it’s a bit of both. Fortunately, there is John McCain. Although I agree with him only about half of the time, I consider him a great American. That’s why I’m really looking forward to his speech tonight. That, and the fact that I expect I’ll agree with much more than half of what he’ll choose to say tonight.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell