I think it’s a good sign, from a mental health perspective, if one can say of some politicians, “I disagree with him/her most of the time, but I have great respect for him/her.” Unfortunately, there are very few politicians about whom I can presently make that statement. Maybe it’s the times; maybe it’s me. Probably it’s a bit of both. Fortunately, there is John McCain. Although I agree with him only about half of the time, I consider him a great American. That’s why I’m really looking forward to his speech tonight. That, and the fact that I expect I’ll agree with much more than half of what he’ll choose to say tonight.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- What Color Is the Dress? What Dress?
- King v. Burwell: a discouraging mid-argument report [UPDATED] [WITH FINAL UPDATE]
- Who is Eric Hoteham? [Updated With Twitter Account]
- Another Reason Why Hillary Can't Win
- Energy Sense from an Unlikely Source
- MSM mainstays cut Clinton no slack over her email account
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell