Finally, the convention staff has our internet connections up and running. I’ve felt like a fish out of water, being cut off from the internet. On the other hand, nothing significant has been happening, so it’s not as if I would have had anything to report anyway. The action won’t really start until tonight, when McCain and Giuliani speak.
In the meantime, for the curious, here is what Bloggers’ Corner looks like:
Former Mayor Koch came around and entertained us for a while. He is a delightful guy, and makes great sense when he talks about why he is supporting President Bush. Unfortunately, very few New Yorkers seem to be following his lead. Here is Hizzoner:
Tom Bevan of Real Clear Politics and I went looking for the convention floor. This turned out to be more of an expedition than I thought, partly because the security people we approached seemed to think it was a novel request to find a spot from which the floor can be seen. We got there eventually, and here is what the convention floor looks like when the action is just getting underway:
And I hope they’re keeping a close eye on these guys.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell