That’s what one New York City cop told Roger Simon yesterday, during an anti-Bush protests. The overriding purpose of tonight’s session of the Republican convention — from Ron Silver’s speech, to John McCain’s, to the tributes from the loved ones of the 9/11 heroes, to Guiliani’s remarkable address — was to remind us that 9/11 did happen. We know in our hearts, and the polls confirm, that if Americans really remember, and therefore focus on, 9/11, they will re-elect President Bush and it won’t be all that close.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell