That’s what one New York City cop told Roger Simon yesterday, during an anti-Bush protests. The overriding purpose of tonight’s session of the Republican convention — from Ron Silver’s speech, to John McCain’s, to the tributes from the loved ones of the 9/11 heroes, to Guiliani’s remarkable address — was to remind us that 9/11 did happen. We know in our hearts, and the polls confirm, that if Americans really remember, and therefore focus on, 9/11, they will re-elect President Bush and it won’t be all that close.
Most Read on Power Line
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Lilly Ledbetter and the lie that will not die
- The Hillary-Boeing-Russia triangle
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- Balancing Act: The Democrats' Ideology Versus Reality
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell