when Chris Matthews and his mostly liberal panel can’t think of anything negative to say about the proceedings. I’m sure the spin has started by now, but immediately after the one-two combination of John McCain and Rudy Giuliani was administered, Matthews and company could only express awe at what they had witnessed. Finally, good old Andrea Mitchell was able to get in a shot at Bush. Mitchell opined that McCain and Giuliani both had succeeded in showing the relevance of the war in Iraq to the war on terrorism, while Bush has never been able to do so. Actually Bush makes that same showing in his standard stump speech. But we excuse Mitchell for not knowing this, and we appreciate her concession that our fight in Iraq is relevant to our fight against terrorism.
Most Read on Power Line
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Lilly Ledbetter and the lie that will not die
- The Hillary-Boeing-Russia triangle
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- Balancing Act: The Democrats' Ideology Versus Reality
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell