Our friend Steven Hayward is the author of The Age of Reagan. Steve is a gifted, ambitious and audacious historian. The first volume of his two-volume history was published in 2001 and covers Reagan’s ascent to the presidency in 1980; the second volume, on which Steve is working, will cover Reagan’s presidency. When he completes the second volume The Age of Reagan will constitute a conservative counterweight to Arthur Schlesinger, Jr.’s endless, unfinished The Age of Roosevelt.
Steve’s terrific essay on the development of Reagan’s thought is featured in the new issue of the Claremont Review of Books, a quarterly magazine that has become my favorite periodical. Steve’s essay is “How Reagan became Reagan.”
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell