It’s official: General Tommy Franks just told the bloggers that he is endorsing President Bush for re-election. This was the first time, I think, that he made the announcement.
Franks sat down at a laptop to do a rather silly photo-op, impersonating a blogger. Our interview wasn’t supposed to come until after his upcoming appearance on Hannity’s show. But I couldn’t resist asking, “General, can we ask you a question?” That led to a great interview session. I’ll post video excerpts in a little while. In the meantime, I’d just note that Franks is an extremely impressive guy. If you assume that you have to be very smart to be put in charge of an invasion force of 150,000 troops, you’re right.
UPDATE: Here it is, one minutes’s worth of excerpts from the bloggers’ interview with General Franks. Don’t miss this one.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell