Or maybe of the decade. I mean, of course, the teapot tempest over President Bush’s purported sudden defeatism in the war. The idea that Bush may suddenly have changed his mind and decided that the war is a loser is so ludicrous that the current media storm can only be accounted for by panic over the prospect of the Kerry campaign’s implosion.
Michelle Malkin tracked down the transcript of the Lauer interview, and the one sentence being denounced by the Dems and repeated in the media is even more absurdly out of context than I had expected. The question from Lauer that started the discussion was, “Do you really think we can win this war on terror in the next four years?
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- A sign of things to come in the Democratic party
- NOAA Caught Rewriting US Temperature History (Again)
- Blaming Pamela Geller
- Bill Clinton's howlers cast doubt on his usefulness to Hillary
- The Telos of Liberalism: Your Children's Bedtime Stories
- The war on standards makes major headway in New York City
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell