Or maybe of the decade. I mean, of course, the teapot tempest over President Bush’s purported sudden defeatism in the war. The idea that Bush may suddenly have changed his mind and decided that the war is a loser is so ludicrous that the current media storm can only be accounted for by panic over the prospect of the Kerry campaign’s implosion.
Michelle Malkin tracked down the transcript of the Lauer interview, and the one sentence being denounced by the Dems and repeated in the media is even more absurdly out of context than I had expected. The question from Lauer that started the discussion was, “Do you really think we can win this war on terror in the next four years?
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another reason why Hillary Clinton does not deserve to be president
- Is Hillary's Glass Jaw Starting to Crack Already?
- Washington Post Attacks Rubio: He's Not Rich!
- Delusional White House Calls ISIS Strategy "A Success"
- Paging Dr. Emily Litella: Another Science Fraud Exposed
- This Week's Energy Unicorn
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell