I was on the floor tonight, and spent some time with the Minnesota delegation. I shot some footage from the floor and from the press area where I watched the main speeches. Then I hurried back to where I’m staying, and, after another long, hot, sweaty day in New York, stopped in the bar for a beer–OK, two beers–before turning in. Tomorrow I’ll post more extensive comments, along with a short video of some of tonight’s highlights.
My grades of tonight’s speeches:
Rod Paige: B
Michael Steele: A-
But why is it that no one gets very excited about education? I’ll have some thoughts on this tomorrow.
Just a great performance, and a perfect way to keep the “compassionate” theme of tonight’s show from turning hopelessly sappy with consequent low ratings.
The Bush twins: D
A big disappointment. Who wrote that script? Fire him.
Laura Bush: B
She is very popular and certainly didn’t do any harm, and having W. introduce her on video was a nice touch. But it was all too predictable to have much impact. On me, anyway.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Dishonest CIA Director Rips Trump; Trump Should Rip Him Back [Updated]
- Power Line's Inauguration Liberal Beclowning Contest
- 300 US Jewish leaders are with you
- Trump likely to move Britain to the front of the queue
- Trump meets with Judge Pryor as rumored "short list" emerges
- Reporters Beg Martin Luther King III to Denounce Trump [Updated]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell