I finally got around to reading the The New York Times Magazine piece on left-wing bloggers. I must say that, unlike Rocket Man, I rather enjoyed the story. It didn’t bother me that the focus was on lefty bloggers. First, any half-way decent story on blogging in a major publication is good for all bloggers. Second, there likely will be similar stories about conservative bloggers soon enough. Third, as Evagelical Outposts argues, the piece is not particularly kind to the liberals it profiled.
I guess I liked the story mainly because it provided me with a glimpse into a related but different world than the one we occupy — the world of bloggers who are (1) liberal and (2) relatively young. Excluding the part about Wonkette, the Times has profiled the blogger I might have been, and if the profile is even roughly accurate, the blogger I’m glad I never was.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell