I finally got around to reading the The New York Times Magazine piece on left-wing bloggers. I must say that, unlike Rocket Man, I rather enjoyed the story. It didn’t bother me that the focus was on lefty bloggers. First, any half-way decent story on blogging in a major publication is good for all bloggers. Second, there likely will be similar stories about conservative bloggers soon enough. Third, as Evagelical Outposts argues, the piece is not particularly kind to the liberals it profiled.
I guess I liked the story mainly because it provided me with a glimpse into a related but different world than the one we occupy — the world of bloggers who are (1) liberal and (2) relatively young. Excluding the part about Wonkette, the Times has profiled the blogger I might have been, and if the profile is even roughly accurate, the blogger I’m glad I never was.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell