Readers who follow football have probably heard that when the Washington Redskins lose the final home game before a presidential election, the party in power invariably fails to hold the White House, or some such thing. If today’s loss at home to the Green Bay Packers is any indication, the Democrats will win this year’s presidential race in court. With about two minutes left, the Redskins scored a touchdown that (with the extra point) would have put them ahead. However, the play was called back on a bogus penalty call, and the Packers went on to win.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell