Foiled in their plan to broadcast the Al Qaqaa non-story tonight, 60 Minutes fell back on an old standby: an “expose” of troops not having proper equipment in Iraq, unarmored Humvees, etc. I turned it off after a few minutes, so I don’t know whether they worked the bake sale hoax into the story or not. And I didn’t find out whether they mentioned that 75% or 80% of the supposedly ill-equipped troops are voting for President Bush. Somehow, though, I doubt it.
I don’t think this broadcast will change more than five or ten votes. After twenty-five years or so of relentlessly liberal propaganda, I’d guess that 60 Minutes doesn’t have a lot of viewers who aren’t already voting for Kerry. And the story is such old news that I doubt it will generate much follow-up publicity in the papers tomorrow.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell