Not “enemy,” exactly. The people at NBC couldn’t have been nicer. But I certainly spent the day yesterday in “opponents’ territory.” Here is an anecdote that illustrates what I mean.
Early in the day, a very young woman who was working as an assistant producer leaned over to me and whispered, “Are you the conservative?” I said Yes. “Don’t tell anyone,” she whispered, “but I’m on your side.” I asked whether it is tough to be a conservative at NBC. She said that she tries not to talk about it, but every once in a while a co-worker gets wind of the fact that she is a Republican. The universal response, she said, was “You should be working at Fox.”
Which tends to confirm what you always thought about the networks. If you’re a Republican, the only home for you is at Fox. Here at ABC, NBC, CBS and CNN? It’s Democrats Only.
UPDATE: It may be opponents’ territory, but it’s beautiful. Spending the day at Rockefeller Center was a lot of fun; this shot is of Democracy Plaza, which I guess is the new name for Rockefeller Plaza, where the skating rink is:
I wasn’t outside in the plaza last night, with Brokaw and Russert. I was in the concourse, which I referred to in a post as the “basement”–the correction was made gently by an engineer at the Center who is a Power Line reader.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Special Al Franken Edition
- On blue slips, Grassley pulls the trigger
- How Al Franken Sees Himself, and How Others See Him
- Kirsten Gillibrand's intellectual dishonesty [UPDATED]
- Gloria Allred won't allow inspection of yearbook
- It wasn't "the times" that caused feminists to give Bill Clinton a pass
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell