I laughed out loud at Tom Friedman’s complaints about the size of the defense budget and wanting us to give more foreign aid. He must not be aware that our military often provides foreign aid — right out of that huge defense budget! Example: My husband (a LCDR in the Navy) was just called in to work this afternoon because of the earthquake and tsunamis. Hell be working on determining needs and providing ships, planes, etc. We’ll send help, just like we do whenever there is a hurricane, typhoon, etc. This comes out of the defense budget.
It seems all Mr. Friedman wants to see is big numbers on budget items that he likes. It’d sure be nice if he knew what he was talking about, though.
Most Read on Power Line
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Lilly Ledbetter and the lie that will not die
- The Hillary-Boeing-Russia triangle
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- Balancing Act: The Democrats' Ideology Versus Reality
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell