I laughed out loud at Tom Friedman’s complaints about the size of the defense budget and wanting us to give more foreign aid. He must not be aware that our military often provides foreign aid — right out of that huge defense budget! Example: My husband (a LCDR in the Navy) was just called in to work this afternoon because of the earthquake and tsunamis. Hell be working on determining needs and providing ships, planes, etc. We’ll send help, just like we do whenever there is a hurricane, typhoon, etc. This comes out of the defense budget.
It seems all Mr. Friedman wants to see is big numbers on budget items that he likes. It’d sure be nice if he knew what he was talking about, though.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell