Iraq and Afghanistan are not the only places where Americans are being shot at while trying to keep us safe. It’s also happening in Arizona. The Washington Times reports that 64 Border Patrol agents have been assaulted in the past three months along a 260-mile stretch of the Arizona-Mexico border, “as the U.S. government continues its fight for ‘operational control’ of the region.” Increasingly the attackers, generally smugglers, are using automatic weapons. T.J. Bonner, head of the union that represents non-supervisory border patrols agents, blamed the increased violence in part on enforcement policies that restrict the ability of agents to actively pursue those involved. He also blamed federal judges for not coming down hard enough on offenders.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell