Iraq and Afghanistan are not the only places where Americans are being shot at while trying to keep us safe. It’s also happening in Arizona. The Washington Times reports that 64 Border Patrol agents have been assaulted in the past three months along a 260-mile stretch of the Arizona-Mexico border, “as the U.S. government continues its fight for ‘operational control’ of the region.” Increasingly the attackers, generally smugglers, are using automatic weapons. T.J. Bonner, head of the union that represents non-supervisory border patrols agents, blamed the increased violence in part on enforcement policies that restrict the ability of agents to actively pursue those involved. He also blamed federal judges for not coming down hard enough on offenders.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Rigged! Edition
- Trump's Gettysburg Address? He's Off-Message!
- Corrections of the day [Updated With One More]
- Democrat Agrees to Spanish-Language Debate, Drops Out When He Realizes Opponent Speaks Spanish
- Clues to a Mystery [Updated With a Third]
- Clinton Foundation employed senior Muslim Brotherhood official
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell