Intending to live blog the first few hours of the Iraqi election, I was actually sleeping in front of the television when Geraldo Rivera roused me at around 1:00 a.m., stating in effect that I was missing the equivalent of the fall of the Berlin wall and the entire civil rights voting rights movement. Thus spurred, I quickly began blogging, starting with this post. Geraldo’s adrenaline kept me going for almost two hours.
Let’s give credit where credit is due. Geraldo Rivera had the right line on the election almost immediately after it began, and was enthusiastically communicating it to the American people within an hour. Here, via Johnny Dollar is the transcript of the report that served as my wake-up call. Thanks Geraldo.
We might also even given a little credit to Christiane Amanpour. By the time the polls closed, she was saying basically the same thing as Geraldo. With less gusto, to be sure, but not grudgingly. The work of these reporters will help us keep faith with the Iraqi people. It’s hard to imagine the American people turning their backs on the Iraqis at this point, after witnessing the courage they displayed today.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Rigged! Edition
- Trump's Gettysburg Address? He's Off-Message!
- Corrections of the day [Updated With One More]
- Democrat Agrees to Spanish-Language Debate, Drops Out When He Realizes Opponent Speaks Spanish
- Clues to a Mystery [Updated With a Third]
- Philippine tilt towards China is latest fruit of Obama's foreign policy
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell