Today is the sixtieth anniversary of the invasion of Iwo Jima, the beginning of the unbelievably brutal 36-day battle for the first island of the Japanese homeland reached by American forces. Marines bore the brunt of the battle and suffered horrendous losses. Don’t miss this Kerrville Daily Times article on the Legend of Heroes Memorial created by Danielle Girdano: “Iwo Jima sixty years later.” Or Arthur Herman’s OpinionJournal tribute: “Iwo Jima.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell