Little Green Footballs updates the absurd Ward Churchill story with Churchill’s admission of what seems to be his widely known fake Indian lineage: “Churchill admits he’s not Native American.” Another reader has kindly pointed us to Churchill’s deceitful From a Native Son: Selected Essays on Indigenism, 1985-1995. On the other hand, Professor Paul Heyliger of Colorado State University has also written us to point out that Churchill is an authentic teacher and supporter of terrorism (audio of speech available here).
UPDATE: What did Churchill really say? According to this story, “The Honolulu Star-Bulletin, incorrectly quoted University of Colorado professor Ward Churchill as admitting that he was not American Indian.” In this account, Churchill states that he is less than one-quarter Indian. A question for you mathemeticians out there: Is zero less than one-quarter?
UPDATE 2: Charles Johnson has updated the LGF post that initially prompted this item in “Churchill incorrectly quoted.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell