by Dartmouth student Joe Malchow of Joe’s Dartblog on the visit to Dartmouth of the French consul to New England. The Frenchman seems quite impressed with how much “soft power” the EU (and, by extension, France) has compared to the U.S.
Joe asked just the right questions, to the dismay of the head of the French department, the legendary John Rassias. If you read the whole thing, you’ll see that the Dartmouth French department has at least one professor with a strong sense of what constitutes healthy discourse.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell