Ramesh Ponnuru reports that Harvard Professor Laurence Tribe appears to have “presented fantasy as fact” and, in so doing, taken credit for the achievement of others in his 2003 account of his role in a 1980 Supreme Court case. Last year, Tribe was shown to have failed to attribute material written by another scholar that he lifted into one of his own books.
Rocket Man knew Professor Tribe at Harvard law school, long before Tribe became the Democrats’ top lawyer, and both of us were acquainted with him as college debaters. Here is what Rocket wrote at the time of the plagarism controversy. As he said, we considered Tribe a good man. I hope that he has a satisfactory answer to Ponnuru.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Man of the Year Edition
- Branstad as Ambassador to China: More Interesting Than It Looks
- Microsoft Goes Left
- With Ellison inside the Nation of Islam
- Obama to probe alleged Russian election meddling; Senate might too
- Linda McMahon to head the Small Business Administration [With Comment by John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell