Hugh Hewitt continues to hold his usual position (the lead) in providing insightful comment about the looming battle to fill the next Supreme Court vacancy. Hugh notes that three of the five leading candidates (Harvie Wilkinson, Michael Luttig, and John Roberts) live in Virginia. If one of these men is nominated, it will provide Virginia Senator George Allen the opportunity to move front-and-center. Allen is up for re-election in 2006 (he could face a tricky contest against Democratic Governor Mark Warner) and, provided he is re-elected, could be a contender for president in 2008.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The meaning of "Australia" [Updated With Chart: How Successful Was Australia?]
- Best Academic Abstract Ever [With Comments By John and Paul]
- Modest Proposals On Gun Violence
- Hide the women and children, the Supreme Court is back in session
- The Klobuchar kludge, cont'd
- The Washington Nationals' horribly disappointing season, what went wrong?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell