Hugh Hewitt continues to hold his usual position (the lead) in providing insightful comment about the looming battle to fill the next Supreme Court vacancy. Hugh notes that three of the five leading candidates (Harvie Wilkinson, Michael Luttig, and John Roberts) live in Virginia. If one of these men is nominated, it will provide Virginia Senator George Allen the opportunity to move front-and-center. Allen is up for re-election in 2006 (he could face a tricky contest against Democratic Governor Mark Warner) and, provided he is re-elected, could be a contender for president in 2008.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell