Hugh Hewitt continues to hold his usual position (the lead) in providing insightful comment about the looming battle to fill the next Supreme Court vacancy. Hugh notes that three of the five leading candidates (Harvie Wilkinson, Michael Luttig, and John Roberts) live in Virginia. If one of these men is nominated, it will provide Virginia Senator George Allen the opportunity to move front-and-center. Allen is up for re-election in 2006 (he could face a tricky contest against Democratic Governor Mark Warner) and, provided he is re-elected, could be a contender for president in 2008.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell