I don’t like the Academy Awards much, and hadn’t planned on watching, although my three daughters are already glued to pre-event coverage of the “red carpet.” Among other things, the last thing I need to hear is moronic anti-Bush commentary by “comedians” and actors. But, cruising Yahoo News photos as I often do, I ran across this photo, hot off the press (so to speak), of Beyonce Knowles, who will perform tonight:
I changed my mind. I’m watching after all.
UPDATE: That was a mistake, of course. One “Chris Rock,” the host, whom I’ve never otherwise heard of, led off with an idiotic anti-Bush tirade. $70 trillion? Interesting statistic. What was noteworthy was not the host, who obviously knows nothing, but the crowd–every single person there laughed and applauded. So much for the Academy Awards. I’m curling up with a good book, about which more later.
UPDATE 2: For those interested in more of an insider’s take than mine (ha! that would be just about anyone’s), Roger Simon has been live-blogging the ceremony.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell