Earlier today, a suicide car bomber ignited an explosion that reportedly killed at least 110 Iraqis at Hillah, Iraq. The explosion took place outside a medical clinic where recruits for Iraq’s police and national guard were waiting to take physicals. A group of people believed to be Sudanese were arrested following the blast.
The explosives packed into the vehicle appear to have been unusually powerful; the photo below depicts the bomber’s car following the explosion. The white color is the result of being sprayed with fire extinguishers:
The terrorist insurgency seems clearly to be losing, but that doesn’t mean that it is anywhere near over.
UPDATE: In better news, violence was avoided in Beirut as a crowd estimated at up to 50,000 defied a ban on demonstrations to protest against the Syrian presence in Lebanon. In the photo below, security forces appear to allow protesters into Martyrs’ Square.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Princeton Students Fight Back
- Five Shot at Black Lives Matter Protest In Minneapolis [Updated]
- Washington Post's Fact Checker Doesn't Read the Washington Post [Updated][Updated Again]
- When the Press Attacks Donald Trump, the Truth Is Optional [Updated]
- White Supremacy, Or Self-Defense?
- Ted Cruz surges in Iowa
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell