I’m the last of the Power Line crew to return to blogging after our dream week, which consisted of the following highlights, among others:
Tuesday – Named blog of the year by The Week at gala press event
Wednesday – Rocket Man and Trunk featured at large “Rather” event
Thursday – Power Line crew meets in Washington D.C.
Friday – Crew dines with Michelle Malkin and her husband Jesse
Saturday – Wednesday’s Rather event is broadcast on CNN
On top of this, my family had the pleasure of hosting Rocket Man and most of his family for three days.
My dream week was capped off on Saturday when my younger daughter, Emily, became the Student Congress champion of the Washington D.C. metropolitan area. She follows in the footsteps of my older daughter, Laura, who won the same competition in 2002. Emily also qualified for the national championships in Milwaukee, along with her boyfriend. Both attend Walt Whitman High School. Congratulations also to Power Line reader Mark McManmon, coach of arch-rival Gonzaga College High School, whose debaters captured the other two “nationals” slots.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Special Al Franken Edition
- On blue slips, Grassley pulls the trigger
- How Al Franken Sees Himself, and How Others See Him
- Kirsten Gillibrand's intellectual dishonesty [UPDATED]
- Gloria Allred won't allow inspection of yearbook
- It wasn't "the times" that caused feminists to give Bill Clinton a pass
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell