Michael Barone argues that the Democrats are “out of gas.” What’s more, Barone’s survey of statements by some of the more sensible Democrats suggests that they understand they are out of gas.
Barone’s piece hints at what I’m coming to believe is the key to the reversal of fortunes of the two parties — the Republicans have replaced the Democrats as the party of pragmatism. I will have more to say about this soon.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell