Today’s New York Sun carries Richard Miniter’s exclusive report on the American ambassador who impeded bin Laden manhunt: “How a lone diplomat compromised the hunt for bin Laden.” I find this to be an almost unbelievable story — a reductio ad absurdum of the State Department’s occasional resistance to the administration’s objectives. The ambassador at issue was a Bush appointee who joined the State Department in 1977 after teaching high school for seven years.
Miniter reports no facts suggesting a motive for the ambassador’s actions in this case. However, Miniter is a terrific reporter with excellent sources for this story. We would be most interested to hear from our State Department or foreign service readers with any knowledge of the case.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Is the Washington Press Corps Covering Up Another Obama Administration Fiasco? [Updated]
- More on the Obama Administration Scandal That the Washington Press Corps Tried to Bury
- What Difference, At This Point, Does It Make?
- Who's a Chickenshit?
- Who's The Warmest of Them All?
- Who's a Chickenshit? Part Two
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell