Jim Hoagland has a nice piece on the latest problems facing the French elite — a massive trial of 47 political and business leaders charged with conspiracy and corruption, and the possible defeat of the EU constitution by French voters. These events occur against the backdrop of an economy that just won’t grow much, and the mass influx of a hostile, or at least sullen, immigrant population
Peter Schramm at No Left Turns expects Chirac to resort to an “innovative” foreign policy gambit to prop up support for his beleaguered regime. Not a bad prediction. But the usual ploy, some new opposition to U.S. interests, surely is worn out by now.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Princeton Students Fight Back
- Five Shot at Black Lives Matter Protest In Minneapolis [Updated]
- Washington Post's Fact Checker Doesn't Read the Washington Post [Updated][Updated Again]
- When the Press Attacks Donald Trump, the Truth Is Optional [Updated]
- White Supremacy, Or Self-Defense?
- Ted Cruz surges in Iowa
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell