Jim Hoagland has a nice piece on the latest problems facing the French elite — a massive trial of 47 political and business leaders charged with conspiracy and corruption, and the possible defeat of the EU constitution by French voters. These events occur against the backdrop of an economy that just won’t grow much, and the mass influx of a hostile, or at least sullen, immigrant population
Peter Schramm at No Left Turns expects Chirac to resort to an “innovative” foreign policy gambit to prop up support for his beleaguered regime. Not a bad prediction. But the usual ploy, some new opposition to U.S. interests, surely is worn out by now.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another reason why Hillary Clinton does not deserve to be president
- A Police-Involved Shooting In Omaha
- More evidence that the criminal justice system is too lenient
- Obama expounds the limits of Iran's anti-Semitism
- Is Hillary's Candidacy Just Another Business Deal?
- Washington Post Attacks Rubio: He's Not Rich!
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell