Brian Anderson is the managing editor of City Journal magazine, the quarterly publication of the Manhattan Instititute, and the author of the new book South Park Conservatives: The Revolt Against Liberal Media Bias. The book is instructive, entertaining, and heartening. Power Line is a small part of the story that Brian has to tell in the book.
We asked Brian if he would consent to give us a thematic tour of the book in the hope that both the book and the interview would prove of interest to our readers. We forwarded Brian a set of questions about the book, and he has responded in a manner that has caused our cup to overflow.
We’ll break the interview into two parts. Below Brian discusses the phenomenon of liberal media bias, the rise of conservative talk radio, and the impact of FOX News. Tomorrow in part two of the interview we take up the subject of the blogosphere, the rise of conservative publishing, and campus conservatives. Ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, we proudly present the Power Line interview with Brian Anderson.
PL: We’re huge fans of City Journal. How does the book relate to your work with the magazine?
BA: Thanks, Scott; we
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell