The New York Post reported this morning on the capture of Zarqawi’s laptop in a special forces ambush that almost netted the terrorist himself. Supposedly, the laptop is a treasure trove of information about Zarqawi’s international terror network.
The story that has appeared about the ambush is that Zarqawi was riding in a vehicle with one of his top aides. They apparently got wind of the ambush and turned around; the American soldiers pursued them and did capture the vehicle and the aide. But by that time Zarqawi was gone, apparently having escaped from the vehicle. It does seem odd, though, that if the laptop had so much information about his network, he didn’t take it with him.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell