The New York Post reported this morning on the capture of Zarqawi’s laptop in a special forces ambush that almost netted the terrorist himself. Supposedly, the laptop is a treasure trove of information about Zarqawi’s international terror network.
The story that has appeared about the ambush is that Zarqawi was riding in a vehicle with one of his top aides. They apparently got wind of the ambush and turned around; the American soldiers pursued them and did capture the vehicle and the aide. But by that time Zarqawi was gone, apparently having escaped from the vehicle. It does seem odd, though, that if the laptop had so much information about his network, he didn’t take it with him.
Most Read on Power Line
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Lilly Ledbetter and the lie that will not die
- The Hillary-Boeing-Russia triangle
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- Balancing Act: The Democrats' Ideology Versus Reality
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell