I’m home again after subbing for Hugh Hewitt, along with Mitch Berg and Captain Ed Morrissey. It was a fun show, and one of the highlights was an interview with Senator Norm Coleman. He had a very clear message: President Bush’s judicial nominees are going to get an up or down vote. All of them. I asked Senator Coleman point-blank whether he was telling our listeners that the Republicans have the votes to end the filibuster. Norm answered: “Yes, we’ve got the votes.” To my knowledge, that’s the most direct confirmation yet, by a Republican in a position to know, that the votes are there.
Norm also confirmed that he’s a regular Power Line reader, and commented on our post showing that the Minneapolis Star Tribune has changed its position on the filibuster, now that the Senate Democrats are in the minority. More about that in a moment.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Federal judge threatens to hold IRS commissioner and DOJ lawyers in contempt [With Comment by John]
- Lions, Triggers, and Critics, Oh My!
- We Live In a World Gone Mad
- Planned Parenthood Video #4 Is a Shocker
- An Omnibus Climate And Green Weenie Update [With Derision by John]
- What's Happening In States That Are Paying Attention Is Reassuring
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell