I’m home again after subbing for Hugh Hewitt, along with Mitch Berg and Captain Ed Morrissey. It was a fun show, and one of the highlights was an interview with Senator Norm Coleman. He had a very clear message: President Bush’s judicial nominees are going to get an up or down vote. All of them. I asked Senator Coleman point-blank whether he was telling our listeners that the Republicans have the votes to end the filibuster. Norm answered: “Yes, we’ve got the votes.” To my knowledge, that’s the most direct confirmation yet, by a Republican in a position to know, that the votes are there.
Norm also confirmed that he’s a regular Power Line reader, and commented on our post showing that the Minneapolis Star Tribune has changed its position on the filibuster, now that the Senate Democrats are in the minority. More about that in a moment.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- What Color Is the Dress? What Dress?
- King v. Burwell: a discouraging mid-argument report [UPDATED] [WITH FINAL UPDATE]
- Who is Eric Hoteham? [Updated With Twitter Account]
- Another Reason Why Hillary Can't Win
- MSM mainstays cut Clinton no slack over her email account
- Energy Sense from an Unlikely Source
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell