I’ve been a fan of former Georgia Senator Zell Miller since early 2003, when I posted my first in this long running series of notes and explanations for my assessment of him. This is the seventeenth in a series that began in March of that year.
I wrote then that the list of acceptable Democrats was admittedly a short one, but I provided a list of reasons why Miller rated his status as our favorite. I pointed to the terrific Wall Street Journal column that he had recently published (“Mr. Moonves, call off your hillbilly hunt”). The piece made me reflect that I had liked everything I’ve read by and about Senator Miller.
I found more reasons to like him when I took a look at his incredible (now removed) Web site. First, Senator Miller featured his support of the president’s proposed tax cut right from the git-go on his home page, with what appeared to be his trademark good humor: “Just as that first tax cut passed in 2001 with bipartisan support, I have no doubt the same will happen with this one. As the line in that old hymn says, when the roll is called up yonder on the President
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell