We’ve been tough on Minnesota Senator Mark Dayton here as his performance in the Senate seemed to manifest his personal difficulties, but Dayton has nothing on Ohio Senator George Voinovich. Yesterday Voinovich blubbered like a baby on the Senate floor over the prospect of John Bolton becoming the United States Ambassador to the United Nations.
We adjust the lyrics of the Lesley Gore song only slightly: “He felt like making a scene/Then his tears just fell like raindrops/’Cause Bolton’s smile was so mean.” One difference: Gore was a little tougher than Voinovich is, but we do hope “Johnny comes back to [him].” Should Johnny return, Voinovich may need a straitjacket to regain his composure.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Princeton Students Fight Back
- Five Shot at Black Lives Matter Protest In Minneapolis [Updated]
- Washington Post's Fact Checker Doesn't Read the Washington Post [Updated][Updated Again]
- When the Press Attacks Donald Trump, the Truth Is Optional [Updated]
- Insist on the Gosar amendment
- Ted Cruz surges in Iowa
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell