We’ve been tough on Minnesota Senator Mark Dayton here as his performance in the Senate seemed to manifest his personal difficulties, but Dayton has nothing on Ohio Senator George Voinovich. Yesterday Voinovich blubbered like a baby on the Senate floor over the prospect of John Bolton becoming the United States Ambassador to the United Nations.
We adjust the lyrics of the Lesley Gore song only slightly: “He felt like making a scene/Then his tears just fell like raindrops/’Cause Bolton’s smile was so mean.” One difference: Gore was a little tougher than Voinovich is, but we do hope “Johnny comes back to [him].” Should Johnny return, Voinovich may need a straitjacket to regain his composure.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell