Miss Canada, Natalie Glebova, won the Miss Universe contest tonight. I haven’t checked for a few days, but last I knew, she was the betting favorite. Here she is, during the swimsuit competition:
Miss Canada was the only non-Latin American finalist; the others were Miss Miss Dominican Republic, Miss Mexico, Miss Puerto Rico and Miss Venezuela. So it was a New World sweep.
I wasn’t able to live-blog the competition tonight, as I was on an airplane en route to Atlanta for CNN’s annual meeting with its international correspondents and affiliates. I’ll be on a program tomorrow afternoon, and will report anything interesting that happens.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell