Miss Canada, Natalie Glebova, won the Miss Universe contest tonight. I haven’t checked for a few days, but last I knew, she was the betting favorite. Here she is, during the swimsuit competition:
Miss Canada was the only non-Latin American finalist; the others were Miss Miss Dominican Republic, Miss Mexico, Miss Puerto Rico and Miss Venezuela. So it was a New World sweep.
I wasn’t able to live-blog the competition tonight, as I was on an airplane en route to Atlanta for CNN’s annual meeting with its international correspondents and affiliates. I’ll be on a program tomorrow afternoon, and will report anything interesting that happens.
Most Read on Power Line
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Lilly Ledbetter and the lie that will not die
- The Hillary-Boeing-Russia triangle
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- Balancing Act: The Democrats' Ideology Versus Reality
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell