Miss Canada, Natalie Glebova, won the Miss Universe contest tonight. I haven’t checked for a few days, but last I knew, she was the betting favorite. Here she is, during the swimsuit competition:
Miss Canada was the only non-Latin American finalist; the others were Miss Miss Dominican Republic, Miss Mexico, Miss Puerto Rico and Miss Venezuela. So it was a New World sweep.
I wasn’t able to live-blog the competition tonight, as I was on an airplane en route to Atlanta for CNN’s annual meeting with its international correspondents and affiliates. I’ll be on a program tomorrow afternoon, and will report anything interesting that happens.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell