Following up on our post from Sunday, Rush Limbaugh cited our red and blue state map of France today. I’m not sure, though, that we have gotten to the bottom of what these divisions mean in the context of French politics. At first I thought the pattern was very similar to our own red/blue divide, at least in cultural terms, but Michael Barone interpreted it in an email to us in almost exactly the opposite fashion. Rush reproduces the map we got from Le Monde and adopts my original interpretation of the data, but I think there are depths here that are yet to be plumbed.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Rigged! Edition
- Trump's Gettysburg Address? He's Off-Message!
- Corrections of the day [Updated With One More]
- Democrat Agrees to Spanish-Language Debate, Drops Out When He Realizes Opponent Speaks Spanish
- Clues to a Mystery [Updated With a Third]
- Clinton Foundation employed senior Muslim Brotherhood official
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell