Following up on our post from Sunday, Rush Limbaugh cited our red and blue state map of France today. I’m not sure, though, that we have gotten to the bottom of what these divisions mean in the context of French politics. At first I thought the pattern was very similar to our own red/blue divide, at least in cultural terms, but Michael Barone interpreted it in an email to us in almost exactly the opposite fashion. Rush reproduces the map we got from Le Monde and adopts my original interpretation of the data, but I think there are depths here that are yet to be plumbed.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell