The military has released its finding with respect to Koran abuse at Gitmo. Here is the Washington Times’ account. The report finds five confirmed instances in which military guards or interrogators “mishandled” the Koran. “Mishandling” means failure to follow policy and procedure with respect to the Koran. The five instances are unfortunate but, in the scheme of things, fairly trivial even, one hopes, in the context of our culture of victimization. The military found no credible evidence that guards or interrogators ever flushed a Koran down a toilet.
The report finds that, on 15 occasions, detainees themselves “mishandled” the Koran. Some of these instances are not trivial. One detainee tried to flush the Koran down the toilet; another ripped out some of its pages; another intentionally urinated on the book. But these cases aren’t earth-shaking either. “Earth-shaking” is when al Qaeda converts mosques into military outposts or kills believers as they attend religious services in mosques or other houses of worship.
Austin Bay has more on the report.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Special Al Franken Edition
- On blue slips, Grassley pulls the trigger
- How Al Franken Sees Himself, and How Others See Him
- Kirsten Gillibrand's intellectual dishonesty [UPDATED]
- Gloria Allred won't allow inspection of yearbook
- It wasn't "the times" that caused feminists to give Bill Clinton a pass
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell