Slate provides profiles of eight leading prospects for the next Supreme Court vacancy: Michael Luttig, John Roberts, Emilio Garza, Michael McConnell, Alberto Gonzales, J. Harvie Wilkinson, Edith Brown Clement, and Samuel Alito. With the exception of Gonzales, all of these candidates strike me as good or excellent choices. For what it’s worth, Luttig is my first choice, given his age (only 51) and long record as a solidly conservative judge.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell