Slate provides profiles of eight leading prospects for the next Supreme Court vacancy: Michael Luttig, John Roberts, Emilio Garza, Michael McConnell, Alberto Gonzales, J. Harvie Wilkinson, Edith Brown Clement, and Samuel Alito. With the exception of Gonzales, all of these candidates strike me as good or excellent choices. For what it’s worth, Luttig is my first choice, given his age (only 51) and long record as a solidly conservative judge.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- Simpson Tried to Deceive Congress On the Fusion GPS/Obama DOJ Connection
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell