Slate provides profiles of eight leading prospects for the next Supreme Court vacancy: Michael Luttig, John Roberts, Emilio Garza, Michael McConnell, Alberto Gonzales, J. Harvie Wilkinson, Edith Brown Clement, and Samuel Alito. With the exception of Gonzales, all of these candidates strike me as good or excellent choices. For what it’s worth, Luttig is my first choice, given his age (only 51) and long record as a solidly conservative judge.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell